Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Advanced
Duration: 2 days
Provide technical, operational and management staff with advanced knowledge on Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). At the end of the course, participants will be able to apply the acquired knowledge in their professional activities, in areas such as systems design or performances assessment and monitoring. Additionally, they will be conversant about GNSS systems (names and types) its principles (signals, errors and mitigations) and its evolutions.
Teaching methods include Classroom and virtual. This course is open to technical, operational and management staff with a need to acquire advanced knowledge on Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS). This course is administered with a minimum of 5 participants.
- Historical and technical aspects of GNSS: basic theory and understanding of the fundamentals of how these systems work
- Overview of the different GNSS systems deployed worldwide and currently in operation
- Close look into the US GPS system and the augmentation systems used in aviation
- First approach to EGNOS: its components, architecture and services Practical exercise on how to interact with COTS SW tools and compute GNSS positions
- Foreseen evolution on how all these systems will evolve in the coming years
- Comprehensive study on the user level: requirements, equipment types and applications of GNSS
Jan 17-18 2024 – Madrid, Jun 12-13 2024 – Madrid, On demand