PANS-OPS Basic - Practical Component
This 2-week course provides participants with instructor-led discussion and technical exercises focused on the practical application of PANS-OPS Basic theory. It is therefore a pre-requisite that all participants have successfully completed a PANS-OPS Basic Theory component, either online or in the classroom.
Syllabus (Practical Exercises):
Week 1 – Conventional procedures
- VOR/DME approach
- VOR/DME departure with transitions
- VOR/DME holding pattern
- ILS for one RWY to Cat II minima
- Circling minima
Week 2 – RNAV procedures
- RNAV changes introduced in November 2014
- RNAV arrival
- RNAV approach
- RNAV departure with transition
- RNAV holding pattern
- Proposed changes to PANS OPS criteria
The following course material will be provided to support the practical exercises:
- Enroute structure, including Navaid coordinates
- RWY lengths and threshold (coordinates/elevations)
- Aircraft category information required for design
- Topo map of the exercise area
Participants are requested to complete the registration form provided below.
You will be sent further details on the course and asked for confirmation of your attendance and payment.